Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 8

I weighed myself the this morning and discovered that I lost .4lbs.  Hopefully this is a sign that the weight will start dropping quickly again.

Yesterday all my diet plans basically got blown to Hell.  I managed to have a juice for breakfast, which was posted on the my Day 7 blog, but lunch and dinner didn't go as planned.

We went to my mothers house yesterday afternoon to celebrate a couple of birthdays and to have a barbecue and swim.  I planned to swim, but the weather was so nice just sitting in the shade visiting with my mom and sisters that I never got in the pool.

I also planned to have veggie burgers, but what I had mistaken for veggie burgers in my freezer when actually turkey burgers, so we had those instead.  The turkey burgers turned out to be pretty good.  They don't take as long to grill as regular burgers do.  I discovered this by over cooking the first batch.

We had planned to have lunch at my moms and have a juice at home for dinner, but we ended up staying at my moms until fairly late for a school night, so I ended up having 2 turkey burgers.  On the plus side I kept the calorie count low by skipping the buns and wrapping my turkey burgers in whole leaf lettuce and using a little thousand island dressing and fresh onion for condiments.  I also ended up having a Mike's Hard Lemonade that one of my brother's-in-law brought and 1 slice of red velvet birthday cake.

I guess one small cheat day didn't hurt.  I actually hate less on that cheat day than I would have on a regular day before the diet, so the guilt is minimum.

Day 8

Today I woke up and my rib pain is down to a minor dull ache.  Tonight I plan to get some exercise by walking my dog while everyone else is out at football and cheerleading practice. I don't think that walking the dog will irritate my Pleurisy, plus I didn't buy the exercise disc for my Kinect last Thursday like I meant to because of the rib pain.

This morning I made my usual breakfast juice:

2 green apples
1 peeled orange
4 carrots
1 large handful of spinach leaves

I have come to love my breakfast.  Any apprehension I may have once had about drinking veggies is completely gone.  I have no problem drinking my morning juice like I am sucking down a vanilla milkshake.

I will be going home for lunch everyday this week to make my lunch juice and continue with the low calorie dinners.  I'm excited to see how the weight starts dropping off because of the exercise combined with the dieting.  I plan to buy the "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" disc for my Xbox Kinect this Thursday since I am confident that my Pleurisy will be completely healed up by then.

Starting Weight: 254.6
 Current Weight: 248.2 - 
  5 day Total
  Weight Loss: 6.4lbs

1 comment:

  1. Are you feeling like you have more energy than before juicing? Less? or the same?

    ReplyDelete