Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 11

This morning I stepped on the scale with a bit a trepidation.  Yesterday morning's weight gain had me very angry, but this morning I dropped another 1.2lbs.  All it cost me was starving all day yesterday. Not good!

Yesterday's lunch was much greener, a much smaller, and a lot less tasty.
I went with:
3 big handful of spinach
2 carrots
1 green apple
Total: 145.5 calories

It still tasted fine to me.  It was a bit greener than what I am use to, but I don't find drinking spinach juice as aweful as I would have two weeks ago.

I went back to work more determined than ever to make this diet work.

If my math is correct then yesterdays lunch was only 145.5 calories, give or take.  That is less calories than my granola snacks, which now has me on the hunt for new mid morning and pre-dinner snacks that have less calories.  I am considering the plain Cheerios in a ziplock bag.  1 cup of plain cheerios is only 110 calories and they taste good.  I grew up on Cheerios and enjoy eating them as a finger snack.

I added up my calorie count over the last few days and my juice choices could have been better, but my dinners were killing me.  The Ranch dressing was incredibly high in calories compared to the simple teriyaki sauce.  We are talking about a 300 to 400 calorie difference depending on how much dressing you use.  2 Table spoons of Ranch is 140 calories compared to teriyaki sauce's 2 table spoons at 30 calories.

Here is an example of how wrong I was dieting.  On day 8 alone I consumed 2267 calories for the entire day.  That is roughly 700+ calories above my recommended daily calorie intake for maintaining my current weight at my age, height, and weight.  In order for me to lose weight at the recommended speed of 2lbs per week I should be consuming no more that 1500 calories per day.  I can do this!

Since I had a much smaller portion of juice for lunch yesterday, when I got home from work I was starving.  We had a few errands to run, but as soon as we got back I made my usual chicken salad dinner with teriyaki sauce as dressing.

One hour later I was hungry again.  Not just snack hungry, but stomach growling hungry, so I ate some peanuts and they managed to get me through the night.

Day 11

This morning after I weighed myself I made the 145.5 calorie breakfast juice.
3 handful of spinach
3 carrots
1 apple

This morning this didn't taste so great.  I choked it down, but didn't really enjoy it.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should forgo this juice diet and just juice in in the morning, eat healthy the remainder of the day, stay away from the sodas and energy drinks, and hit the gym in the afternoons again.  The gym is basically what got most of the weight off of me the first time around.  I didn't have the motivation to go to the gym before starting this juice diet, but now after torturing myself with hunger the gym isn't looking so bad anymore.  Plus, to be honest, even though I have been feeling hungry a lot, the juice is giving me energy as sufficiently, if not better than, the two energy drinks I use to have every morning.

Currently I will remain on this diet, but now I have a lot to think about.....

Starting Weight: 254.6
 Current Weight: 247.2 - 
  11 day Total
  Weight Loss: 7.4lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment